At Walker Partners, it isn’t about completing jobs, it’s joining a community of people who are eager to elevate each other and pursue excellence as a united, effective team. With four offices across Texas, we work with cities, private developers and universities to strengthen the communities we’re proud to call home. Come build a legacy with us.
We’re looking for problem solvers that want to create a better, more sustainable future for Texas. Build a career that empowers you to thrive with professional challenges, offers a sense of belonging and purpose, and gives you the tools to create a world that is stronger and more sustainable for everyone.
We have an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant in our Austin office. This position reports directly to the Austin office Manager. This position is a broad-based role, with core responsibilities of providing administrative support to the engineers and surveyors and managing the day-to-day responsibilities of the Austin office, including but not limited to:
• Prepare agreements with clients, architects, and subcontractors.
• Prepare transmittal letters, letters, cost estimates, bid tabulations, memoranda, etc.
• Edit, format, and proofread technical reports.
• Prepare and assemble Project Manuals for bidding.
• Maintain plan holders lists for projects out for bids. Field questions from contractors, suppliers, and plan rooms. Copy and mail Bidding Documents as necessary. Distribute addenda to plan holders. Post bidding projects on CivCast.
• Prepare and assemble Contract Documents for construction. Obtain necessary documentation and signatures from contractor. Obtain necessary signatures from Owner.
• Prepare and maintain bid tabulations.
• Front desk – greet clients, visitors, contractors, etc. in a professional, friendly manner.
• Answer phones in a professional and friendly manner (take and forward messages as needed).
• Order food for webinars, meetings, etc.; order Friday breakfast for the office.
• Assist accounting with distributing billing reports and mailing invoices for the Austin office. Scan and email signed invoices to accounting.
• Collect credit card receipts from staff. Scan and email/mail receipts to accounting.
• Create/set up new projects in Vision.
• Scan and file project documents electronically.
• Punch and bind reports, proposals, etc.
• Coordinate with updating the Christmas card list.
• Coordinate Christmas cookie preparation and deliveries.
• Update TML dinner invitation list.
• Prepare overnight packages and outgoing mail.
• Open and distribute incoming mail.
• Order office supplies, overnight delivery supplies, and maintain supply closets in a neat, orderly fashion.
• Run errands as needed (store, deliveries, etc.).
• Call for repair on copiers when needed. Order toner and supplies for copier as needed.
• Proofread and edit Statements of Qualifications (SOQs).
• Proofread and edit marketing materials, publications, technical papers, etc.
• Assist in writing/editing project descriptions and updating resumes.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of experience. Our firm is seeking a professional, enthusiastic, positive, committed, self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual who anticipates issues and thrives on creative, independent problem solving within a deadline-driven (quick-paced) environment.
• Highly skilled in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent writing skills
• 3 - 5 years related experience
• Strong spirit of teamwork and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Data organizational skills
• Self-starter, multi-tasker, organized and detail-oriented
• Possess a sense of urgency to meet deadlines while managing competing priorities
• Ability to successfully collaborate with various personalities
• InDesign experience helpful
Walker Partners offers excellent benefits including medical insurance, vacation, and sick leave, a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Walker Partners adheres to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.